Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's

Happy Valentine's Day to all! My significant other had to work today, but I can't complain because we will at least have quality time after his work this evening.

Any ways, going out will be like a zoo as crazy males are dashing to find flowers/chocolates/gifts and restaurants packed for valentine's lunches/dinners. Just take a look @ some facts regarding the Valentine's Day holiday from Fast Company - Numerology: The Business of Roses (also included below).


The markup of rose prices are "typically 42%"!?! It's almost double the price! I may be an odd ball at times, but guess what I told my significant other to buy me for Valentine's Day?

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
- Chinese Proverb

I added my own twist to that quote regarding this holiday. Receiving a beautiful dozen (or 2) of roses is wonderful, but 'at the moment' (feed him for a day). I would rather have a rose bush and be able to cut my fresh roses all-year round (feed him for a lifetime). Does the twist make sense? Eventually when my significant other & I own a home (that includes a backyard with ample space! :)), I will have a rose garden without the need to purchase during Valentine's.

As for the chocolate, and I do this with every holiday, I buy them the day after! :D lol. They go on sale and I love bargains & sales! When it comes to me, I don't mind the lateness if it saves a few bucks. And it's not even that late!

0 ♥♥♥:

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving comments! Thanks! :]

Related Posts with Thumbnails